About Me

Hello! I am a first grade teacher at Skillin Elementary School. For the past 20 years, I have been lucky enough to teach children from preschool through fourth grade. Sharing learning and growth in an engaging, fun way is an incredible way to spend my day! First grade is a magical time where children become amazing readers, writers, mathematicians, friends, great thinkers and so much more!

Monday, October 24, 2016

School News and Updates



Did you know that Skillin has a Facebook Page?  Be sure to like the page so you can keep up to date on the great things that are happening at our school!


October book orders are due by Thursday!



Thank you for the help and support you are providing to your kids with completing homework!  A couple things to remember:

  • Word lists should stay at home so the words can be practiced.
  • Math papers also stay home.  They are your choice.
  • Please send in only the bingo board!

Parent/teacher conferences will be held in mid-November.  Be on the lookout for sign-ups.  I look forward to meeting with you soon!


We are working on many important learning targets in our classroom!  


Math:
  • I can understand addition as putting together and adding within 20.
  • I can understand greater than, less than, or equal to for objects using terms and symbols.

Literacy:
  • I can use what is known to solve unknown words.
  • I can understand that a sentence is a group of words beginning with an uppercase letter and ending with punctuation.
  • I can decode regularly spelled one-syllable words containing digraphs (sh, th, ch) and blends (st, bl, pr, ...)

We also continue to work on many behavior targets!
  • I can listen when someone is talking.
  • I can use an appropriate voice level.
  • I can follow directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment