About Me

Hello! I am a first grade teacher at Skillin Elementary School. For the past 20 years, I have been lucky enough to teach children from preschool through fourth grade. Sharing learning and growth in an engaging, fun way is an incredible way to spend my day! First grade is a magical time where children become amazing readers, writers, mathematicians, friends, great thinkers and so much more!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year!

Hello and welcome to a brand new school year!!  I am so excited about meeting all the kids and families headed my way!  This has been a fantastic summer and I hope you have all had lots of fun...maybe even done some reading on a beach! 

I plan on using this blog as a primary means of communicating information to families this year.  I will send email notices out when I put information on here but, it would also be beneficial for you to subscribe to the blog so you don't miss anything important (see box on the left)!


Things are starting to buzz!  The classroom is getting ready!  

Here are a few details I would like you to be aware of:
  • Our specials and lunch/recess schedule is now posted on the right side of the blog.
  • Each day your child will check in with me and tell me if they are buying a lunch or a lunch milk.  Please make sure your kiddo knows when they come to school each day!  
  • If you have not already done so, I highly recommend setting up a MySchoolbucks account so you can provide cafeteria payments online.  Information can be found here.
  • Please send your child with a drink and a healthy snack daily.  When students arrive in the morning, I will ask them to put their snack in one spot and their lunch box in another.  It allows more time for learning!  I will provide you with a snack sack on the first day of school. 
  • If possible, students are asked to bring in a white 1" binder with 10-15 sheet protectors and earbuds or headphones to be used in the classroom.
  • Please send in a set of extra clothes for your child in a labeled ziploc bag.
  • If you would like to contribute other helpful items to our classroom, please see our wish list on the left hand side.

I'm sure there will be more information for you before school begins on Tuesday, September 6th!  Stay tuned!

Cheers! 

See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment